"The four-year anniversary of the Chibok abduction reminds us that children in northeastern Nigeria continue to come under attack at a shocking scale".
In October 2016, Nigerian officials announce the release of 21 of the girls following talks between the government and Boko Haram, brokered by Switzerland and the International Committee of the Red Cross. It is exactly four years since they were taken.
"Unfortunately, the negotiations between the government and Boko Haram suffered some unexpected setbacks, owing mainly to a lack of agreement among their abductors, whose internal differences have led to a divergence of voices regarding the outcome of the talks".
"Some of the Chibok parents have since that day began to lose hope and even more psychologically troubled thinking that if the girl Leah is being held back because she is a Christian, it means they may never see their daughters again, because majority that are in captivity now are all Christians".
Boko Haram militants have continued to target children in campaigns of violence that have seen over a thousand children abducted and millions others displaced in Nigeria's northeast, UNICEF said on Friday.
He asked the FG to help in rescuing the remaining Chibok girls the same way their own daughters were rescued.
The group said this in a statement to mark the fourth year remembrance of the Chibok girls' kidnap which took place in April 2014.
3 changes Manchester City need for a win against Tottenham Hotspur
Guardiola has never lost four in a row as manager but he faces a hard test this weekend with a trip to Wembley to face Tottenham. City would love to replicate that result and be able to lock up the league title after failing to do so last week.
"What happened in Chibok should have served as a wake-up call to the Nigerian government".
In February, fighters loyal to a Boko Haram faction headed by Abu Mus'ab al-Barnawi seized 112 schoolgirls and one boy from the town of Dapchi, in Yobe state.
Danladi Saleh, a medical doctor and one of the community leaders in Chibok, told PREMIUM TIMES "four years into the lives of parents whose missing daughters are yet to be found could be very devastating".
He said federal government should also be forthcoming with credible information about the remaining girls.
The president assured the parents of the girls that they would hear good news soon concerning their daughters, as the government remains focus on the actualization of the rescue of the girls.
The President encouraged the parents to keep their hopes alive, noting that the recovery of more than a 100 of the girls that were kidnapped through the Federal Government's determined effort should give confidence that all "hope is not lost". "But that does not set aside the need for all of them to be rescued by government".