He isn't exactly sure what happened to the right AirPod, but he's definitely sure others should be warned. But now, it's been alleged that Apple's Airpods have joined the list of products that can blow up. Colon told WFLA he was jamming out to a dance mix when white smoke started to billow out from the right pod's chassis. Acting quickly and wisely, Colon removed his AirPods and placed them down on a piece of equipment so that he could go and get help from gym employees. When he returned, it appeared that the AirPod had exploded into bits. Colon told the TV station that "It was already popped".
However for the most part, cases of exploding headphones are pretty rare, if at all, at least until now where a report from WFLA (via 9to5Mac) revealed that a Tampa resident by the name of Jason Colon experienced something like that with his AirPods headphones.
Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage.
"I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried". "But I'm sure my earlobe could've been burnt". "He's thankful he thought to remove the wireless AirPods when he sensed trouble".
Police Officer Killed, Two Others Shot
Locust Grove Mayor Robert Price described Maddox as a "smart young man" who had been hired directly out of school. "It's quiet. I've never had any issues and I pray I don't have any, said Rodgers, who has lived there almost two years".
Lithium-particle batteries are known to overheat and detonate, however while AirPods do contain batteries, it's not in any way obvious that they were the reason for whatever happened to Colon's.
Who can forget the horror show that was Samsung's Galaxy Note 7?
"This looks like this was the battery", Colon said when explaining the malfunction to KXAN sister station WFLA. Apple says that it is investigating the claims made by the man. However, this is the very first time that we have reported the AirPods blowing up.