YouTube and Facebook Removing Videos of The Tide Pod Challenge

Tide-Pods-New-560

Stores lock up detergent pods after 'challenge' goes viral

A Utah University spokesman said it was unclear why the student ingested the Tide Pod, but he added that "For students and members of our university who are feeling overwhelmed, we have services available. There are people here to talk to you".

YouTube has been actively searching for and removing the challenge videos in tandem with Tide's social media accounts warning against the stunt while responding to any messages indicating an accidental ingestion. (Seriously. They're Poison.)' in which an adult struggles with his desire to eat the pods before stuffing dozens into his mouth. This challenge isn't, it is actually very risky as it involves people eating laundry detergent pods.

This happens as the so-called "Tide Pod Challenge" has prompted warnings across the country - and forced YouTube to remove certain videos that show people taking bites out of laundry detergent packets.

"So you'll get burns to the skin, burns to the eye, a lot of problems that are more severe: burns to the respiratory tract, burns to the esophagus", Dr. Joe Krug reportedly said of the issue.

The company considers removing videos when users flag them, and users whose videos are removed are at risk of their entire channel being deleted if they have receive too many flags.

The email also referenced a Tide commercial featuring New England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski.

"YouTube's Community Guidelines prohibit content that's meant to encourage risky activities that have an inherent risk of physical harm", a Google representative said in a statement.

Chris Hemsworth Makes Appearance in 'Dundee' Mystery Project
Fans reacted in shock last weekend when a trailer for an unexpected new Crocodile Dundee film dropped on the internet. IMDb lists the production company as Rimfire Films , which notably produced the original Crocodile Dundee .

A new kind of stunt is all the craze in social media at the moment - the "Tide Pod Challenge".

In an earlier statement of its own, Tide's parent company Proctor and Gamble said it was working with "leading social media sites" to encourage the removal of the videos.

Campus police initially called the incident a "Tide Pod overdose", but Eric Warren, director of media relations at USU, told FOX 13 Salt Lake City the female student ingested a Tide Pod. DOING LAUNDRY. Nothing else.

'The "laundry packet challenge" is neither amusing nor without serious health implications, ' Stephen Kaminski, CEO and executive director of American Association of Poison Control Centers, said in a statement.

"We have seen no indication of an increase of cases seeking medical treatment amongst infants and teenagers associated with the recent uptick in social media conversation or in consumer calls".

The American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) issued an alert in response to the challenge.

Latest News