On Wednesday, the investigation into the case was also transferred from North-West district police to Crime Branch.
(Web Desk) - A premature baby that was mistakenly pronounced dead by doctors in Delhi has died in another hospital where he was being treated.
A baby boy mistakenly declared dead by an Indian hospital last week, passed away on Wednesday morning.
The incident began following the premature delivery of twins, a boy and a girl, after a five-month pregnancy.
It sparked an outrage and the stunned family rushed the newborn to another hospital, where the doctors told the family that the baby is still alive.
The preliminary report had found that the hospital did not perform ECG tracing before declaring the baby dead.
"We wish to clarify that this action should not presuppose finding of any lapse by the expert group and should not be construed in any way to be anything other than an expression of our continued commitment to providing quality healthcare", the statement from Max Healthcare said.
Lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) To Report Earnings
Amazon.Com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) was reduced too. "Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2017 Earnings ..." on November 22, 2017. Renaissance Technologies LLC raised its stake in shares of Lululemon Athletica inc .by 172.4% in the first quarter.
"These two cases have been clubbed and we will take action accordingly", he informed. Both the babies were declared stillborn by the hospital and handed over to the family allegedly in a polythene bag. "I have been wronged".
Talking to Mail Today, Ashish said, "I will not take my son's body until the two doctors are arrested".
Dr Sandeep Gupta who was treating the infant at the Delhi New Born Centre told CNN news that he knew from the beginning that the child may not survive.
He also said he will also not get his wife, who is still admitted at Max Hospital, discharged from until they get justice. While we understand that survival in extreme preterm births is rare, it is always painful for the parents and family.
Max Healthcare fired the two doctors considered responsible earlier this week, but emphasized that the decision to let the doctors go should not be interpreted as an admission of guilt.
According to reports, Satyender Jain, the state health minister, has called for a probe of the privately run Max Hospital warning that the hospital's licence could be cancelled if it is found guilty of medical negligence.