Turkey says will not submit to 'impositions' from U.S. in visa crisis

Arrest Warrant

Turkey Another Arrest Warrant Issued to Prolong US-Turkey Visa Row

"Recent events have forced the United States Government to reassess the commitment of the Government of Turkey to the security of US Mission facilities and personnel". The US has rebuked the claims and suspended the processing of visa applications.

Earlier this month Washington suspended visa services after Turkey detained two Turkish nationals employed as U.S. consular staff on suspicion of having links to an outlawed network accused of orchestrating a failed coup a year ago. Washington has rejected Ankara's allegations.

Turkey won't buckle under US "impositions", its foreign minister said Wednesday as officials from both countries met to try to resolve a diplomatic dispute that resulted in the mutual suspension of traveler visas for each other's citizens.

Addressing a news conference in Ankara on Wednesday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said we will cooperate with the U.S. if their demands meet the rules of Turkish constitution.

The US delegation reportedly laid out four conditions to solve the visa crisis, including that Turkey must provide information about its investigations into two detained Turkish nationals employed as US consular staff, Reuters said.

Man Turns Himself In After 1000 Facebook Shares
On Oct. 6, Zaydel issued a challenge via a private message to the Redford Township Police Department Facebook page. Zaydel told 7 Action News he was planning to turn himself in all along, but "I never expected it to get this big".

This decision followed the October 4 arrest of a Turkish national who works at the US consulate in Istanbul for alleged involvement in the July 2016 coup attempt aimed to overthrow the Turkish president.

Cavusoglu said Turkey's Ankara-based government supports cooperation with the USA, but that the Turkish judiciary is independent. Gulen denies the accusations against him.

FETO and its US -based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup attempt of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and almost 2,200 injured.

The Turkish Parliament on Tuesday extended for three more months a state of emergency declared in the aftermath of a failed coup attempt in Turkey on July 15, 2016, the fifth such extension since it was originally put in force.

Since the coup attempt, Turkish authorities have been working to identify suspects connected to FETO who have infiltrated state institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.

Latest News