Officials say a suicide bomber in an explosives-packed vehicle has attacked a NATO convoy north of Kabul, wounding two U.S. soldiers and at least three civilians.
The Afghanistan Cricket Board confirmed that no players or officials were harmed and the match soon resumed.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
Afghanistan's national cricket team has played its "home" matches outside the country because of security concerns.
China's Central Bank Tells Banks to Stop Doing Business with North Korea
ET Saturday 22 kilometers (more than 13 miles) east-northeast of Sungjibaegam, North Korea , the US Geological Survey said. Previous quakes from North Korea have indicated nuclear tests by the reclusive state, the most recent earlier this month.
Cricket was banned in Afghanistan during the Taliban's rule between 1996 and 2001, but the sport has since seen a revival.
"We know the enemy", said Sediq Sediqqi, head of government's media and information center, but gave no further details.
According to Shafiqullah Stanikzai, ACB's chief executive officer, the blast occurred during the fourth over of Knights' chase of 202. "The security forces by sacrificing themselves have prevented the attacker from reaching the crowd (inside the stadium) and creating a catastrophe", police spokesman Basir Mujahid told AFP.
Adam Hollioake, the former England captain, is the Defenders coach while Andy Moles is coaching Knights. The match was stopped following the explosion. "For this tournament, a special decree has been issued by His Excellency, the president of the country, to look after the security", he explained. "It is not yet clear what caused the blast", Stanikzai told ESPNcricinfo. No one claimed the attack. The President's special advisor was also present at the ground to assure the security. The reasons for the blast are unknown so far.