A fire broke out in a hotel in the Saudi city of Mecca, which alarmed the annual hajj pilgrimage, the civil defence service said on Monday.
Qatar has blocked Saudi planes from transporting Hajj pilgrims, Saudi state media said on Sunday, after Riyadh reopened the border despite a major diplomatic crisis roiling the Gulf.
Qatar's National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) also praised the Saudi decision to re-open the border but urged Saudi authorities to be more precise concerning pilgrims residing in Qatar. But the authenticity of the deal has come into question.
The crown prince emphasised the "historical relations between Saudi and Qatari people" after his meeting with Qatari Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jassim al-Thani, the statement added. He's a member of the royal family, but doesn't hold any role in government.
The four boycotting countries also closed their airspace for Qatar Airways. His family lost power in 1972.
Korea Says US-South Military Exercises 'Gasoline on Fire'
Pyongyang conducted two tests of its long-range missile in July and had threatened to fire four ballistic missiles toward Guam. The exercises, which are due to last for 11 days, normally prompt some form of weapons test by North Korea .
Qatar is telling its banks to tap global investors to raise financing, instead of mainly relying on government funding, people familiar with the matter said, as the impact of the ongoing Saudi-led boycott puts pressure on liquidity.
The death of pilgrims due to heat exhaustion, fatigue and other natural causes is a regular occurrence on the hajj. All pilgrims should be present in the kingdom during this time.
Qatar's human rights committee had previously filed a complaint with the United Nations special rapporteur on freedom of belief and religion over restrictions placed on its nationals who wanted to attend the hajj this year.
Despite the goodwill measure announced Thursday, tensions remain. Qatar rejects the allegation that it backs extremist groups and says the moves are politically motivated. He plays no role in the Qatar administration. Bahrain's public prosecutor said the alleged call centered on how to "exacerbate (tensions) and undermine Bahrain's interests and stability".