That attack came just days after three US soldiers were killed and another wounded during a joint US-Afghan military operation in the same region.
Some four NATO-led service members were injured after an Afghan solider opened fire on them during training in a military base in Afghanistan's northern province of Balkh on Saturday, an Afghan army source said. The mission said some USA soldiers might have been hurt.
Earlier in the day, the mission issued a statement, saying that the attack, which took place at 2 p.m. local time (approximately 9:30 GMT) killed one Afghan serviceman and wounded another. In a statement, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said an Afghan commando loyal to the militant group had opened fire on foreign "invaders", killing four and wounding four others.
Britain says no European Union exit deal unless future relationship taken into account
Only if "sufficient progress" is made on those thorny topics will he allow discussions to turn to the trade deal that May wants.
Afghanistan's Ministry of Defense also is investigating, said Abdul Qhahar Aram, head of strategic communication and public affairs for the 209 Shahin Corps. "More information will be provided as it becomes available". It was the second such insider attack by an Afghan soldier in the past week. The attackers were disguised in Afghan army uniforms.
US President Donald Trump is learned to have delegated authority on the number of troops in Afghanistan to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.