Hannity backs off story about slain DNC staffer

In the video, which was posted on Fox News' website, the Democratic analyst "clapped back" at Twitter users, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and other conspiracy theorists.

Dotcom, on the other hand, has has recently inserted himself into this situation, and claimed that he has irrefutable evidence that Rich was the Wikileaks source, and will be releasing some sort of statement on Tuesday, though it's now not clear what that will consist of. And the degree of editorial scrutiny at Fox News isn't all that high to start with.

"We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted", the statement read.

Rich was fatally shot on July 10, 2016, in Washington, D.C. Police said the 27-year-old was the victim of a botched robbery.

"For months, right-wing media outlets have floated unproven theories that Rich was the person who provided Wikileaks thousands of internal DNC emails, and that his death might have been connected with the supposed leak", CNN's Oliver Darcy reported.

Wheeler told WTTG that "he had sources at the Federal Bureau of Investigation confirming" communications between Rich and WikiLeaks, but "has since backtracked" from his original statements, the station's story said. Yet the Fox News reports persisted, even after these claimed details were disproven.

On his show Tuesday, Hannity followed the lead of his network, which removed from its website a story about Rich because it hadn't met its standard of scrutiny. The statement did not address Aaron Rich's claim that Hannity had invited Kim Dotcom, an infamous hacker who claimed to have information on Rich's murder, to be on the show Tuesday night.

"I totally completely understand how upset... how hard this is on this family, especially over the recent coverage of Seth's death", Hannity said, adding that he had reached out personally to the Rich family to offer his condolences. "Roger [Ailes] would brag at meetings how he was proud Fox never had to print a retraction".

Kushner called Lockheed CEO about $100B Saudi arms deal
Lockheed Martin - A $6 billion deal that foresees the final assembly in Saudi Arabia of 150 S-70 Black Hawk utility helicopters. Kushner and Ivanka are now in Saudi Arabia, joining Trump on his first official overseas visit since taking office in January.

Sean Hannity speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference at National Harbor, Maryland, February 22.

He said evidence showed Mr Rich was in contact with Wikileaks before his death.

"I knew Seth Rich".

Since the story came out, the far right has been pushing the story online, while Sean Hannity, one of the few Fox News evening personalities still at Fox News, has also been championing the story.

Hannity then launched into a discussion of the Democratic "tinfoil hat conspiracy" about President Trump's ties to Russian Federation before circling back to Rich. That request is entirely reasonable. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made.

Mary and Joel Rich, Rich's parents, wrote in the Washington Post that instead of having time to mourn their son's death, they are responding to reporter's questions about his murder and whether or not it is part of a conspiracy theory they have previously said there is no proof to support.

Latest News